If you are a homeowner, you may have considered buying a pressure washer. Maybe you need one for cleaning your car. Maybe your patio furniture is dirty. Or maybe the outside of your house needs cleaning.
Whatever the case, it’s a good idea to look into buying a pressure washer. But which one is right and easier for you to use? There are several options on the market that can work for homeowners. One of these options is direct drive pressure washers.
If you’re looking to learn more about direct drive pressure washers, keep reading below!
What Exactly Is a Direct Drive Pressure Washer?
Direct drive pressure washers are the most popular type of pressure washer on the market today. They come in a variety of sizes to suit any job and budget. These washers use a beltless design that eliminates the need for maintenance and increases the longevity of the unit. The pump is connected directly to the engine and is designed for continuous use.
Direct drive models are more expensive than belt-drive models, but they require less maintenance, which can offset their initial cost.
Benefits of Direct Drive Pressure Washers
Several benefits make direct drive pressure washers attractive for commercial users:
- Affordable: Because there's no belt involved with these units, they're less expensive to manufacture than other types of pressure washers. They pass those savings on to buyers who need something simple that will get the job done without breaking their bank accounts.
- Easy Maintenance: Again, since there's no belt involved with direct-drive units, there's only one thing that can go wrong. If you keep your unit well lubricated, it'll last years without any problems whatsoever.
- Quieter Operation: Direct drives are typically quieter than belt-driven motors because there is no belt slippage. Also, because the engine is mounted directly onto the pump, it reduces noise from vibration.
- Better Fuel Efficiency: Because there is no slippage between the belt and engine, this allows for better fuel efficiency when compared to belt-driven motors. A direct-drive motor also has fewer moving parts, which means less wear and tear.
- More Power: With a direct drive motor, power is delivered directly to the pump, which translates into more power being directed to what you need it for - cleaning! This also means that there is less wasted energy and fuel being used.
What is the Average Pricing for Direct Drive Pressure Washers?
The range for direct drive pressure washers is between $120 to $400. The reason for the higher price point is because of, the better, more reliable pump. These units are lighter, easier to handle, and more durable than axial pumps, but they also cost more money.
You should also know that there are several different types of direct drive machines available. You can find both gas and electric models. Gas-powered models are usually less expensive than electric models but are more likely to break down over time because they use a fuel source that is not as reliable as electricity.
So make your decision today on which machine you want and get it from the giraffetools collection for the best prices ever!